So far, it’s a quiet summer in the Women’s Center, with our regular bloggers on hiatus. We are still wanting to have some content at least once a week here at the blog. If you are interested in guest posting, give us a holler. In the meantime, here are a couple of things that have made it onto our radar:
- We are saving the date for and spreading the word about the Midwest Feminist Conference, hosted by the Women’s Center at Minnesota State University, Mankato from October 5-7, 2012.
- Samhita Mukhopadhyay, executive editor of Feministing.com counters all the ridiculous theories about “why women aren’t married” with substantive, legitimate reasons why people may not be interested in tying the knot.
- Over at the Ms. blog, a roundtable discussion with four trans feminist bloggers.
- We’re reading the Lady Business series over at Bitch, and particularly this post about the myth of free work.
- Learn about Title IX and equity 40 years later.