Why not start with us?! The Women’s Center is looking for 2-3 new volunteer bloggers to contribute to our blog.
The Women’s Center advances equity for women students, staff, faculty and alumnae across identities.
A unit of the Office for Equity and Diversity, the Women’s Center increases connections for women’s success, cultivating socially responsible leaders, and advocating for organizational culture change toward excellence for all.
This blog is designed to create a safe space for University of Minnesota and Twin Cities community members of all genders to learn about and discuss women’s and gender issues.
The blog focuses on a variety of issues including feminism, GLBTQA, anti-racism, body image, representation in the media, and more. Our regular bloggers are University of Minnesota students who are interested in making a difference. Over the past year, we have developed a wider span of readers and guest bloggers not only within the Twin Cities, but across the country as well. We encourage discussion and awareness of social justice issues that affect us all.
What’s in it for you?
- Practice, enhance, and strengthen your writing skills
- Get a chance to express your opinions to a large audience
- Have your work published and archived online
- Learn how to work on a deadline
- A blogger will be required to post every other week on the day they are assigned.
- Scheduled posts will begin as soon as possible and will run through the end of the semester(s).
- Two additional outreach posts (not including your scheduled posts) are required and can be published whenever you choose.
- Monthly meetings will be required; if scheduling affects attendance to a monthly meeting, the coordinator should be informed ahead of time.
For more information, download the Volunteer Blogger Application.